California Earthquake Preparedness Survey
On Friday, March 5, 2010, Cal EMA held a press conference to discuss the California Earthquake Preparedness Survey (CEPS). Below you will find information about the press conference, the CEPS, as well as helpful resources you can use to prepare and protect yourself and your family from the dangers of an earthquake.
- Linda Bourque, Professor, UCLA School of Public Health - Biography
- Dr. Lucy Jones, Chief Scientist, Multi Hazards Project, U.S. Geological Survey - Biography
- Larry Collins, Battalion Chief, Los Angeles County Fire Department (recently returned from disaster rescue service in Haiti)
- Marta Bortner, Assistant Director, External Affairs, CaliforniaVolunteers
- Kelly Huston, Assistant Agency Secretary, California Emergency Management Agency (moderator)
Press Conference Links:
Preparedness Tip Sheets
The Department of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are pleased to announce that the following compilations of FEMA earthquake publications are available, at no cost, from the Publications Warehouse.
Earthquake Publications for Teachers and Kids, FEMA P-710CD
Educational resources (posters, teacher packages, a storybook for children, hands-on activities, and guidance) for teachers, students, and child care providers.
Earthquake Publications for Individuals and Homeowners
Resources (guides and safety checklists) to help individuals, families, and homeowners prepare for an earthquake and prevent earthquake damage to their homes.
Resources for local planners, policy makers, and advocates interested in reducing the risks posed by seismic hazards to their communities.