The California Emergency Management Agency (Cal EMA) "Recovery Branch" responds to and aids in the recovery from emergencies within the State of California under the authorities of the California Emergency Services Act (ESA), the California Disaster Assistance Act (CDAA), the federal Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, and other legislation. Within Cal EMA, the Recovery Branch is responsible for managing disaster recovery and providing assistance to local governments and individuals impacted by disasters. The Recovery Branch ensures that state and federal support are provided in an efficient and timely manner throughout the recovery process.
• State of California Emergency Plan
• Emergency Planning Guidance for Local Government
• The ABCs of Post-Earthquake Evacuation
• Surviving a Tsunami – Lessons from Chile, Hawaii and Japan (USGS)
• West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Information (NOAA/NWS)